Self Storage FAQs
Simply click a link below to reveal answers to questions commonly asked by Enterprise Street Self Storage or handy storage tips and suggestions.
How much space will I need?
Enterprise Street Self Storage’s range of storage unit sizes mean you only pay for the space you actually require, however the space you need will depend on what you are storing and how accessible you want it to be. Check out our Unit Sizes menu item for an indication of what the most popular unit sizes can store, but by all means contact the office for help with calculating the space that is right for you.
Do I have to sign anything?
Yes. Enterprise Street Self Storage is a member of the Self Storage Association of Australia and use their standard agreement. However, rest assured you will never be locked in to any long-term contract.
How much notice do I have to give to leave my space?
7 days is all the notice you need to give. You are never locked into a lengthy storage unit rental agreement.
What are my hours of access?
Standard access is available from 6am to 6pm, 365 days a year. Longer access hours can be made available by arrangement if required, including 24/7 access storage, at Enterprise Street Self Storage’s discretion.
How do I transport my goods into storage?
Many customers utilise their own ute or trailer. Some organise removalists. However, you also have the opportunity to take advantage of Enterprise Street Self Storage’s free courtesy removalist truck or trailer to move your goods into storage!
The late-model truck is an automatic, easy to drive and comes with a tail lift. Available for local Sunshine Coast moves, even the first 40km worth of fuel is covered. Alternatively, the trailer can be borrowed for either a half day or full day.
Enquire at the time of booking your storage space.
Are my goods insured?
No, not by default. You must take out your own insurance if you do not have an existing policy that will cover your belongings while in storage.
Enterprise Street Self Storage can arrange extremely affordable insurance through Aon or QBE from 66 cents per $1000 per month (considerably less than most self storage facilities).
As an example, if you’re storing $20,000 worth of belongings, the insurance premium would be $13.20 per month (66 cents x 20).
How can I pay?
Cash, internet transfer, bank deposit, Eftpos or credit card.
Do you sell boxes?
Yes. Sturdy packing boxes, archive boxes, bubble wrap, mattress covers and a variety of other packaging needs are all conveniently available for purchase from the Enterprise Street Self Storage office.
Do you have any tips for packing my goods?
- Defrost and deodorise fridges and freezers before placing into storage, leave the door open slightly to allow air to circulate.
- Remove batteries from toys etc to avoid damage from battery leakage.
- Wrap computers and electrical items in bubble wrap before packing into strong boxes.
- Store books in purpose-made book boxes and lay them flat to avoid damage.
- Wrap delicate items in paper before packing and use scrunched-up paper to stop them moving around.
- Cover mattresses and soft furniture (purpose-made covers can be purchased from Enterprise Street Self Storage if required).
- Take care in packing your storage space, placing large and heavy items at the back, stacking boxes at one side and putting things for which you need regular access at the front of the unit.